Peanuts and chocolate. Is there anything better? These little clusters are rich, dark and moreish. I have a major sweet tooth and generally can’t keep sweets in the house as they disappear very quickly. But with stress and life comes the need for chocolate and these take a mere minute to make when the cravings kick in.
The combination of dark chocolate, peanuts and peanut butter makes these a lot more nourishing and satisfying than your regular block of chocolate. But it can be hard to stop at one!
1/3 cup raw cacao
1 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp cacao butter
1 tbsp peanut butter
3 tbsp rice malt syrup or maple syrup or honey
1 splash vanilla extract
1 tsp carob powder
pinch of salt
¾ cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- Melt cacao butter and coconut oil together in a microwave (about 2-3 minute)
- Add rice malt syrup and peanut butter and beat together until well combined
- Add cacao powder, carob powder, vanilla and salt and mix until well combined.
- Check for sweetness. Add more rice malt syrup or honey if you like your chocolate a bit sweeter
- Stir through peanuts
- Make clusters by dropping 1 tsp of the mixture onto a tray and place in the fridge until firm.
* Note: If you don’t have carob powder, don’t stress! You can just leave it out. I just like to add it to give the chocolate a bit more sweetness without adding a sugar (rice malt syrup and maple syrup still contain sugars). Also if you don’t have cacao butter, you can just use coconut oil. It may mean the chocolate is a bit drippier (or perfect on ice-cream) but is still delicious.